If you are thinking of installing an orangery in your property, you might be wondering what to use the space for. A ground floor home extension can be used for a multitude of purposes, and can be a great way to increase the value of your home, and make your space more practical. But what are the most popular uses for an orangery? And how can you make the most of this home extension option? Well, here at Inspired Spaces, we are Manchester’s leading orangery experts. We install stunning, professional, high quality sun rooms and orangeries, designed to suit your home, and your specific requirements. And this is our guide to the different ways to use your new orangery space.
What are the 3 most popular uses for an orangery?
There are a number of different ways to use your orangery, and your choice will be determined by the existing space in your home, and your individual requirements. However, there are 3 common purposes for an orangery, that many homeowners and property developers opt for, and these are:
- A kitchen
- A living room
- A bedroom
The orangery kitchen
The orangery space is perfect for creating a large open plan kitchen and dining area. This is because the orangery is:
- Designed to your layout requirements- so your kitchen cabinets, seating and even the plumbing and electricity points will be perfectly aligned to the type and shape of kitchen you want to create.
- Full of natural light- this helps any kitchen feel lighter, brighter and more spacious. It can also help you feel more energized while drinking your morning coffee too.
- Perfect for entertaining- with a direct link to outside, an orangery kitchen can be the perfect space for entertaining, all year round.
The orangery living room
Another popular choice for the orangery home extension is to create a stunning and stylish living room. An orangery can be a great living space, as this:
- Offers stunning views- if you design your living room around the full wall of glass, or the bi-fold doors, your living space will have panoramic views of your outdoor space. And this can be the perfect view for relaxing and unwinding, rain or shine, after a long week at work.
- Thermally efficient- with our toughened thermally efficient glass, your living room will stay warm in the winter months, and cooler in the summer, which means you’re orangery will be the perfect temperature all year round. It also means your home wont be losing heat, or money on energy bills, because of the orangery design.
The orangery bedroom
With stunning views, day and night, the orangery itself can be an effective choice for an additional bedroom. Not only can adding a new bedroom to your property increase the property value, but this can also become a stunning feature of your home. And if you opt for bi-fold doors, you can step out of bed, and into your garden, every morning. It could be the perfect way to wake up!
For more information or advice about your new orangery design or installation, get in touch with the team today, here at Inspired Spaces.