Here at Inspired Spaces, we are Manchester’s leading conservatory, sun room and orangery experts. We install a range of high quality, professional sun room options. And this is our guide to everything you should know about updating your existing orangery.
What are the advantages of updating your existing orangery?
There are a number of benefits and advantages to updating and renovating your existing orangery. These advantages include:
- Redesigning the interior orangery space
- Redesigning the orangery architecture
Updating your orangery allows you to redesign the interior
When updating your orangery you will have the opportunity to redesign the interior of the space. This could include:
- Creating an open plan space- if your existing orangery was a separate room to the rest of the home you might like to consider opening this out into an open plan living or kitchen space. This can be a great way to transform the interior of your property and create a spacious stylish home. Alternatively, you might prefer to turn your open plan orangery into a separate individual room. Either way, you can make sure that your orangery provides the most benefit to your household.
- Changing the orangery purpose- while updating your orangery you have the opportunity to change the purpose of this space. From home offices and bedrooms, to living areas, there are a number of ways to use an orangery space appropriately. If your requirements for the orangery space have changed since installation, an orangery update can help to ensure that your orangery is still beneficial for your home.
Updating your orangery can mean changing the orangery architecture
It’s not just the interior of the property that can be updated when you renovate your existing orangery, it is also the exterior design. You can choose to alter the shape and actual structure of your orangery. This can be advantageous for properties that have had an exterior design overhaul, as it can ensure that your orangery is well designed for your property. The different options for your orangery can include:
- Changing the shape of the orangery- updating your orangery can include changing the shape of this. You could consider adding more space to the orangery by increasing the size or adding an extension to the orangery, or you could change the original shape to something that is a better fit for your property.
- Changing orangery glass- the glass used for your orangery should be thermally efficient and updating to this can help to lower your energy bills. You should also consider the design of the glass, with patterned glass available to suit orangeries with a traditional style.
- Parapets and roofing- you can also consider changing the roofing of your orangery by altering or adding parapets or aluminium roof lanterns to alter the exterior shape and design of the orangery. This can also help to increase the natural light.
For more information or for professional advice about your new orangery design or installation get in touch with the team today, here at Inspired Spaces.