If you are thinking of extending your home, a home extension might be the first thing you consider. But this isn’t the only option. In fact, a stunning orangery can be an even better addition to your home. So why should you choose an orangery instead of a traditional extension? Well, here at Inspired Spaces, we are Manchester’s leading conservatory, sun room and orangery experts. We install a range of high quality, professional orangery options. This includes creating stunning orangeries designed to be used as bedrooms, kitchens and living rooms. And this is our guide to everything you should know about the advantages of an orangery when compared to a traditional home extension.
Top reasons to choose an orangery instead of a traditional extension
So, what are the top reasons to choose an orangery, rather than a more traditional style home extension? Well, there are several, including:
- Panoramic views- extending your home with an orangery, rather than a traditional extension means adding a whole wall of glass, at least, to the installation. And if you have a beautiful garden, or stunning views to look out on, an orangery means that you can enjoy this all year round. Orangeries often also have glass roofs, or aluminium roof lanterns, which can provide spectacular views of the sky, day and night.
- Flexible home options- whether you need the space for a home office, living room, kitchen or bedroom, an orangery can be versatile and flexible, designed to meet any of your requirements, in much the same way as a traditional home extension. So you wont need to choose a traditional extension, just to suit a particular room purpose.
- Flexible design- an orangery can be a stunning addition to any property, contemporary new build or period property. With a choice of design styles, external design features and even glass panels, you can create an orangery that suits the rest of your home, externally and internally.
- Natural light- the glass panels and walls in an orangery dont just allow you to enjoy the views year round, they also provide the maximum amount of natural light all year round too. This can help flood your home with sunlight, helping your space feel bright, airy and light and boosting your mental health and wellbeing too. Natural light for example can help you sleep better, and feel more refreshed and awake in the morning.
- Better for your budget- choosing an orangery instead of a traditional home extension is also better for your budget in most cases. Orangeries are generally much cheaper to install than even a single storey home extension of a comparative size. This means you will have more money to spend on interior design, finishing touches and exterior design features too.
For more information or for a professional orangery installation designed to meet any requirements of specifications you might have, get in touch with the team today, here at Inspired Spaces.