Here at Inspired Spaces, we are Manchester’s leading orangery experts. We install stunning, professional, high quality sun rooms and orangeries, designed to suit your home, and your specific requirements. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the benefits of designing an orangery dining room.
What are the important considerations when designing an orangery dining room?
An orangery dining room can be the perfect choice for a range of homes and properties. From traditional to contemporary, there is an orangery style and space that can be suitable for any design theme. Not only can this be visually stunning, but an orangery dining space is also practical too. But to get the best out of this space, there are a number of important considerations to take into account when designing an orangery dining home extension. These considerations include:
- The layout- the layout of the orangery dining space needs to be practical and well planned. Not only does there need to be a practical amount of seating, and enough space to move around the orangery, but you may also want to add other features too. In fact, dual purpose dining areas are not uncommon, and an orangery home extension can be perfect for this. As a result, you will need to plan the shape of the orangery, and the internal layout, around your own individual design preferences.
- The natural light- creating an orangery dining area means creating a dining space that is well lit from the glass walls, as well as the ceiling, through the aluminium roof lanterns. This allows for stunning views, but the light can also create glare, and make the space less practical for meals at certain times of the day. As a result, you may need to consider planning the direction your orangery faces, to limit potential disruptions. You can also invest in some top quality blinds for the windows and the roof lantern.
What are the advantages of an orangery dining room?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to creating an orangery dining room. These advantages include:
- Stunning views- whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply dining with your family, an orangery dining area can provide stunning views of the outside of your property. This can help you unwind after a stressful day, and relax in comfort.
- Bridge to the outdoors- in warm, sunny weather, an orangery provides a practical bridge to the outdoors which can open up your dining room to the outside. This can be perfect for BBQ’s, celebrations and get-togethers. You’ll also have somewhere practical to relocate too should you experience a rain shower!
- Save space- by creating an orangery home extension to add a dining room to your property, you can save space in the kitchen or living area, opening up other rooms in the home for a more practical, spacious home.
For more information or for professional advice about your new orangery get in touch with the team today, here at Inspired Spaces.