Home extensions and improvements have become increasingly popular over the past few years, as a great way to increase property value, as well as space. But if you are considering a home extension, an orangery could be the perfect solution. But why should you opt for an orangery? And how can an orangery transform your home? Well, here at Inspired Spaces, we are Manchester’s leading orangery experts. We install fully flexible and custom build orangeries, designed to suit your home, and your specific requirements. And this is our guide to why you should choose an orangery today.
What is an orangery?
So, first of all, what exactly is an orangery? Well, this is a type of home extension that is made with a combination of solid walls and glass with aluminium frames. More like a traditional extension than a conservatory, an orangery offers full choice about how much glass is used in the roof and the walls of the extension, so you can create something to suit your practical and aesthetic requirements.
How can an orangery transform your home?
So, how can an orangery transform your property or home? And what can this type of extension bring that others can’t? Well, there are several advantages to choosing an orangery, including:
- Increasing the usable space- an orangery is the perfect way to open up the downstairs of your property, and create usable living space. Unlike a conservatory, and orangery can be used for a range of rooms, including an office, bedroom, living room, or open plan kitchen/dining space. This flexibility means that you can design the orangery to suit your needs, and create a versatile room.
- Fully flexible design- because our orangeries are designed and developed based on your specifications and requirements, we can offer a fully flexible design. This includes choices regarding:
- The external brick work- you can opt for an orangery that blends in with the rest of your property, or you can choose something that will stand out and attract attention.
- The amount of glass- from a full glass wall created with bi-fold doors, to aluminium roof lanterns, or full length windows, you can choose the right amount of glass to suit your style.
- Roof options- an orangery can be created with a number of different roofing options including flat roofs, and those with aluminium roof lanterns for additional natural light.
- Thermally efficient- our orangeries are all created with hi tech glass, which uses 6mm toughened outer glass, 16mm of argon gas in the centre and a further 6mm low E toughened glass to the inner, giving an overall thickness of 28mm. This can ensure that your orangery is thermally efficient, and doesn’t lose heat in the cold weather, or heat up too much in the hot weather. So you can use your new sapce, all year round.
For more information or for professional advice about your new orangery, get in touch with the team today, here at Inspired Spaces. We provide high quality, bespoke services across Manchester and the surrounding area.